What is Pilates?
PILATES (pronounced “pi-lah-teez”) is an exercise program to strengthen, stretch, realign and balance your whole body. It is well known for its focus on core strength and is often recommended for people with back issues. It is named after its creator Joseph Pilates and is used by dancers, athletes, physical therapists and fitness enthusiasts.
Benefits of Pilates:
- Tone and Strengthen – Build long, lean muscles from the inside out
- Core Strength – Have the best abs of your life
- Improve Posture and Balance – Stand taller after every class
- Performance Enhancement – Great for athletes and cross training
- Stretch and Realign – Take care of your body and it will take care of you
Balanced Body Barre
Balanced Body Barre is a safer more balanced Barre program. Our Barre program has all the fun and sizzle but is unique because it is based on sound body mechanics and safe exercises for your joints. Our instructors are specially trained in a technique called “muscle activation”. Your muscles do the work so your back and knees don’t feel the strain. It is not only better for you but delivers faster results!
- Fun, high energy class
- Inspired by ballet, dance & Pilates
- NO complicated aerobics moves or high impact jumping
- Puts you in “the fat burning zone” & sculpts your body slim